I must say I love the idea of blogging. My girlfriends who live in other states do it and the stories they tell make me feel closer to them...I really can envison their day to day lives. I am envious and want to capture that same feeling of documenting our life on this blog.
That said, you, the blog reader, will have to bear with me as I find my blog voice. I want to be informative and casual without boring you to tears... the challenge is immense, but I am up for it.
So... today finds us all at home at 1:02 p.m. It was a minimum day, Steven got out of school at 12:08 p.m. His school is just down the street, so he walks to and fro. I have noticed for the last week or so that his arrival home has been a minute later every day or so. Well it turns out he is now walking home with a friend, Kevin Black, that he has known for years. How nice that they get to share that time together each day -now that they are in different classes and not seeing each other in class. He walks to school in the mornings with Dillon (left) and Josh (middle)... they get dropped off here so the boys can go together.. it is the highlight of his morning, starting out with his buddies. They are really good kids and I am happy he has them for friends. In fact, they have been coaching him since school started on what clothes match. They are very complimentary when his outfits match, trying to encourage Steven to do it more often.
Jackson on the other hand, has had quite a week. He stayed home last Tuesday with a stomach ache and scratchy throat. He went to school on Wednesday and came home early because his stomach hurt. He went to the nurse on Friday and tried to call to come home with a stomachache 10 minutes before school got out. I was outside and didn't hear the phone... Then yesterday again he was calling and his stomache hurt... so I picked him up and to the doctor we went. Come to find out that his cold is now a sinus infection! I guess most kids don't get sinus infections, but our Jackson is one of a kind.. that's for sure. So now he is on antibotics and home today resting.. hopefully he will be back at school tomorrow. On the way home from the doctor I heard him call his grandma.. to tell her about his sinus infection and that he is "no longer child proof." This is because he can get the lid off his medicine --which for the first time isn't liquid, but capsules. He feels quite grown up and has done a good job all day of remembering to take his pills.
So, I was supposed to go for a day trip to Vacaville to see a show. I had to cancel my girls day out, but Jackson has been snuggly and spent time with me all morning -which completely erases any disappointment I might have felt. I am constantly amazed at how quickly my little babies are growing.... Jack measured yesterday at 4'7.5 tall and was 88 pounds! He is only 8 years old! He is almost as tall as me... so crazy I tell ya. Not only that but he has been growing emotionally too. A little boy in his class lost his mom to cancer last week. They live right across the street from us. Jackson has never really wanted to be friends with this kid, but he has really been compassionate and trying to be friendly during this time. Jack has found some common likes (like Pokemon) for them to talk about and he is giving him a chance. This is a big step towards growing up and I am so proud of him.
Right now the boys are listening to the They Might be Giants - Here come the ABC's dvd and playing a sports game on the wii... from under their blankets. All is right for the moment....
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Blogging....
Posted by Betsey at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment