This is something I have heard about at the kids school for years.All fourth graders participate in this program -every year the same program. I never thought much of it... but when the notice came home and said parents were invited to be in the audience -well of course I had to go. Now I know why they repeat the program each year. It is a valuable use of time and a great experience for the kids. 96 pictures and 2.5 hours later I am so happy I went. The speaker took the kids on an adventure and taught them thru repetition, jokes and shared experiences about this great state we live in. My mom & I both learned a few things as well. Here are a few pictures of Steven from the experience.
Steven giving his "expert" answer on Borders and telling the class that the border between California and Arizona is the Colorado River.
This was a points competition between the four groups of kids in the class. Steven was selected for a final "speed" round where he had to point to items on the California map and name them -he got 13 which was the highest of the 4 kids participating. The others got 11, 11 and 12 -which just goes to show he can talk fast!
This is Steven and his best friend Josh. They dressed as monks -like Father Serra- for extra points. Kudos to my mom for making the great robes they are wearing!
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Walk Thru California....
Posted by Betsey at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment